Wednesday, March 02, 2005

ground breaking

As a young girl, I always had a diary, those cute dainty little notebooks with locks that you can crack at your convenience. In this journal, I narrate the events of this particular day, share my dreams, gush about my crushes and spill my little secrets. Write about what made me smile, cry, laugh…you get the idea…It’s like a freedom wall for me, where I could say whatever I want whenever I want, about whomever I want...only through the confines of the pages, of course. Looking back on it and scanning those entries, I’d laugh my butt off every time! Its amazing to read how Barbie dolls can be a matter of life and death to a little kid, how Archie or Betty and Veronica double digests are as sacred as the Bible, how candies are like a kid’s vitamins...why I always fail to catch Santa Clause every single year? Top 10 reasons why Jason Priestly is the one for me… stuffs like that. It may be trivial matters but they make quite an interesting read, I’ve seen how much I have changed and how the world has changed over the years. The world can seem like a magical place when you are a kid, then fades as you grow up. Reality sets in, complicates or simplifies matters but then it makes life all the more interesting.

I still have a journal [or at least I think so] and I try to write whenever I could. I have been so busy with my friends, studies, extracurricular activities and basically living “life” that I don’t have time to take time to put it into writing. What makes this one different then, you must be thinking. Hmm..well, I have unlimited internet access when I’m at school so I use it whenever I can. I love to surf the net as much as I would like to [I emphasize...would like to] surf some waves. Recently, for some reason, I frequently come across some computer work that I get stuck with the computer for hours so I might as well take this risk and give it a shot since I’m not really comfortable writing on the computer. I am more of the traditional pen-paper writer, I don’t know why. I guess you can say I’m trying to outgrow that weakness along the way.

I love writing down my thoughts cause its part of my “creative” process. When I think about things, it gets messy, twisted and complicated. As Robbie Williams said, “I can start a sentence, but by the end of the sentence, I contradict myself 3 or 4 times…I don’t know what I think!” that totally applies with me too until I get issues cleared up and come up with a decision that I’m going to stick to. Life is a journey and along the way there are some wrong turns, some mistakes that we have to learn from so that when we pass that way again, you will know better than to choose that path again. I think I just made my first quotable quote there. Haha. So anyway, on that path I am hoping to meet people who share my ideals, learn from them and ultimately find more about myself. With that being said, let’s begin this journal…

Here we go…

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi michelle!

you seem to be a fascinating character. can you post a picture soon so i can see how you look like?

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger michelle said...

im still new at this so im still feeling my way through..but i will post a picture as soon as i have the time to figure it out... as for now im still enjoying my limited time of anomimity.

thanks for the interest though... apreciate it..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home