Friday, April 28, 2006

childhood revisited

Here’s making up for loss time.
The last stretch of our journey takes us to the newly opened Honk Kong Disneyland. It’s much smaller than the one back in LA. You can tour the place within a span of hours but it still has the same old Disney magic to it. I just love theme parks. You can lose yourself in an illusion of a cartoon wonderland, enjoy yourself and then go back to the real world afterwards. It gives you the license to leave your worries behind and just be a kid again for one day or so, take pleasure in trivial pursuits and indulge in childish fantasies.
Here are some pictures of our magical day in Disneyland HK…
First stop was the jungle. Of course the jungle adventure wouldn't be complete if we weren't going to see Tarzan...


The treehouse was quite lofty but it was worth the sweat. Tarzan's physique is absolutely fierce in this one and to make things more interesting, I met the character in person afterwards along the way, and he's doesn't look bad at all. I wouldn't mind giving up the city life and be his Jane. Just kidding.

After that my sister and I were off to space and beyond with Buzz Lightyear.



So little place yet there was so much more to see...


Anyways, on with the tour. Here is the parade...







Me and my sister in front of our lovely castle...

I tried to pull the excalibur out from the stone but a princess isn't really cut out for knightly pursuits...I had a wonderful childhood and it is something I would never trade up for anything in the world. I always made believe that I was one of those Disney princesses with her castle and now, who was to say that I wasn’t?

Childhood is a wonderful time in a person’s life. It is the stage that shapes us to be the person that we grow to be. This is also when we are oriented about the life ahead. For a kid, the world is an enthralling and magical place. Their enthusiasm is as boundless as their imagination. They are whoever they want to be. As we grow older, life becomes more complex and somewhere along the way, we get disillusioned and cynical which is probably the reason why we take a lot of things for granted and we get less and less ardent about this gift of life that we are bestowed. I’m not saying that we should revert to our childhood state, things are indeed more complex than what we knew as kids but it still wouldn’t hurt if we view this world through the eyes of a child, explore and look at things as if it was the first time.

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger animus said...

Oporto, like most of the pics, beautiful princess

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Ricardo said...

you´ve posted on my blogue(surelybetterthings.blogspot.com), that i share with a friend. i have one of my own(www.umhomemnaochora.blogspot.com)..go there, if you want, but it´s in portuguese...maybe it´s difficul for you to understand it.
I loved that photos. that wonderful and magic imaginarium. I like your eyes too.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger D.R. Cootey said...

You couldn't pull out the sword!?! What about Girl Power!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home