Sunday, March 20, 2005

boxing and whinning

I don't really like boxing. I am more of a [wwe] wrestling fan than boxing. Wrestling is more dynamic, you can use your hands, feet, elbows [and improvise with any foreign objects near by..haha] plus, it has a story line, its scripted so there is this motive why this person is beating the crap out of the other person as opposed to boxing where you can only use your hands and no hitting below the belt. Its more bloody and gruesome and barbaric since its main thing is just to knock opponent unconscious. The only upshot here is that its a measure of skill and its real. That is what I know.
There was this much anticipated boxing match between Pacquiao and Morales in MGM Grand Las Vegas televised live. Everyone in our house was super psyched about it and every tv in our house was tuned to it. Needless to say, I was left with no choice but to watch it and it seemed pretty interesting at the time and so I did. I thought that in boxing all you had to do was punch your opponent in the face for so many times until he passes out cold. How exciting is that? there is not much strategy needed. But then, I soon saw that its more scientific than I initially thought. I noticed Morales was psychologizing Pacquaio, studying his moves. He indulging his weakness which was his ego, everytime Pacquiao thought he was on top, that was where Morales struck him hard and I must admit it was quite impressive. I soon realized that boxing is not just this blood sport but a mind game as well. I could tell by round 3, even before the controversial head butt that Morales had the match won. Morales was more of an experienced boxer, bigger, stronger, had better strategy or at least a strategy going to the game than just punching your opponent with all that you've got. The bottom line here is that he was the better man between them and eventually, he was awarded the championship which was from Pacquiao.
After the match, Morales seemed more tired than hurt while Pacquiao was a bloody mess. Though I would have to give him props for not ending up in Morales' list of knock outs. Though his ego didnt really disintegrate along with the beating he got. He claimed that he almost had Morales beat by knock out. Which got me laughing my butt of cause it seemed more likely that he would pass out than Morales getting beat. I know that my loyalty should be with Pacquiao given that he was our pride representing the country but I just find it pathetic that he would whine and complain after he got beat. He then blamed the head butt, making it difficult for him to see clearly and then there's this cable person he was talking about which I dont quite understand. He said that there was this problem with this person that plagued his mind during the fight so he couldnt consentrate well. Its just pathetic. The worse part is, most fellow countrymen here are siding with him, claiming that he was screwed. Their blind loyalty hinders their objective reasoning. Pacquiao is still young, he's just 26. He can still learn to be a better boxer he need not blame every circumstance that might be the reason for his defeat. He has the potential, he just has to learn how to use it. Morales was just the better man, thats just that. If ever I get to see Pacquiao in the future, I'll surely tell him that and hopefully, someone would rush me to the hospital. ha ha ha..
Im relatively new at this so its just now that I finally figured out how to post pictures on this blog. I took this picture earlier this month..so this isnt really recent plus my hair isnt really curly. I'll post new pictures after I see the results of the photo shoot I did last week. Till then...

6 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree. that was a quite entertaining entry you got there. can you tell me more about yourself? like what are your favorites? do you have a pet? the most unforgetable compliment you've ever received?
things like that...

nice picture by the way

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you just watch the news? its kinda funny that days after you published your blog, pacquiao finally admitted his fault...

maybe he read your blog, if he could still read with that bad cut near his eye.. or did you really give him a peice of your mind? are you ok though? are you hurt? are you in the hospital? lol.. just kidding..

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...hope you could tell us more about yourself more

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to get to know you better if you dont mind...

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger michelle said...

thanks for the concern..yeah..im pretty much okay..no hospitals for me..lol!! i hope to get to know you people too...thats the fun of it..im going to answer these questions in one entry..im just so talkative that the space is not enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home