Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Taylor Hicks

It’s that time of year once again, when almost everyone gets hyped over American Idol. It has come down to the finals. And it is like a time honored tradition [just for two years actually…] that I name my bet for the competition. I’m not really one for TV, with all honesty; I didn’t even watch the whole thing. I just watched the beginning [auditions] then the week Chris Daughtry [I am not even sure how his surname is spelled] gets eliminated up to this finale.


From the get go, Taylor Hicks was my favorite from his salt and pepper hair to vocal style that was surprisingly reminiscent of legendary musical genius, Ray Charles. I loved Ray Charles’ music, so I might have the bias right there. It spoke volumes about Taylor’s personality when he didn’t succumb to Hollywood stylists persistently telling him to dye his hair. He opted to keep it because that is what makes him who he is and that is admirable. When most people would adhere to demands like that just to make them conform and fit the mold of this cookie-cutter industry. He took a huge risk with that and I’m glad it paid off. Taylor Hicks, a soulful, country boy from Alabama may not be your regular poster boy for Hollywood but he has a great sense of who he is. The judges may like/dislike him for what he does but that is just who he is and it is evident that he is not going to adapt to their standards; he will make them adapt to his style. He has the talent for it, which ultimately is what truly matters in this competition. And from this interview, you can feel his essence, what he is truly about in a small amount of words. Overall, I'm impressed.

And that is why I think Taylor Hicks should be the next American Idol!

4 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a bit ironic that you are rooting for taylor hicks when from where I stand, you remind me of katharine mcphee. Has anyone ever told you that? Im sure I am not the only one to notice the resemblance.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed, he deserves the title :)

cool blog!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger BionicBuddha said...

Great Blog site! I liked the lost in translation post...thanks for sharing.



www.bionicbuddha.com

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger TayBug96 said...

Taylor Hicks?I never heard of him!Is he good??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home