Friday, March 25, 2005

bushwhacked

What i meant by that is...Bush is whacked! I just cant stand this guy. I know you must be thinking, there she goes again ranting again. Okei, I am...but with good reason. This is an issue I feel strongly about and I cant just sit back and be passive about it.
I came across this article about rejecting the reinsertion of the feeding tube to this brain damaged woman, Terri Schiavo. She may be brain damaged and in a vegitative state meaning she cant move, think, speak, respond and do those cognitive functions but she can blink and breathe on her own. Removing her feeding tube would mean starving her and in two weeks, this would eventually result to her death. I think this is just inhumane and appalling. If I remember my laws on euthanasia correctly, two factors that enables you to legally and morally kill the sick person if the person is completely dependent on machines for more than a considerable period of time and if the person has no hopes of recovery. Schiavo is not completely dependent on machines as she is capable of breathing on her own and the doctors that her parents hired said that she may have the capacity to move with intensive theraphy. So killing her is out of the question. I cant believe Bush is saying he cant intervene in her case. I find that weird, in the US where he is President, there are things he cant intervene in like this while outside US, he feels free to intervene in Iraq's affairs and claim that they have weapons of mass destruction that were never ever found. Isnt that so ironic? Its as ironic as advocating for pro-life while sending troops to war for a false cause and losing their lives as if it were just props for a freak show. Im not claiming to be the fountain of wisdom here but wars are a never ending cycle of retaliation and death that will only result to tragedy. I think, we lose more than we are gaining. A person's life is not something tangible that you can restore once it is gone. Life should be revered and valued not only because it is short but also because it is borrowed from God. He gave us the chance to live it and its not in our hands to take our lives or other's lives for that matter. Our mortality is up for Him to decide, not ours.
Im not really a John Kerry supporter, but anyone who runs against Bush gets my support 100%. I really hate it that Bush won but thats life. Nothing I can do about that now, all I can do is stand up and advocate for what I think is right. I value life, not just my own but others too. Terri may not live long but the point is that we tried to save her instead of signing her death sentence... Live and let live!
Bottom line:
Save Terri Schiavo
Stop the war
thats all there is to it

5 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was honestly wondering about your thoughts about this and was about to ask its cool you talked about it. im anti bush too! we agree on that. I hate what he is doing to the country. bush is such an asshole!

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger archer said...

I could not agree more. I think there was a tenous reason for being in Afghanistan, but it should have been well defined and very short term, if at all.

There are no acceptable reasons for being in Iraq.

Clearly the man is little more than a fairly dim-witted individual being manipulated by large business interests that stand to profit handsomely such as Dick Cheney's ex-company, Halliburton.

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey whats up-thx for leaving a comment. i dont really have an opinion on politics...it doesnt really matter what i think about it tho..im only 13! lol..but nice posts

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you are really intelligent and passionate about your convictions and i respect that!
but it is the mystery of your persona that i would like to learn more about. indulge us more into not only what you think but what you really are..like what makes you smile, what scares you, what attracts you most,
you get the idea

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Gwydion said...

Hey, Michelle -- just saw your comment on my blog (Things I Hate and/or Love) -- thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home