Thursday, April 21, 2005

...and after a century..

Its been quite a while...a lot of things has happened and here's an update..The day of reckoning wasn't as bad as previously anticipated. It actually went well. My grades were good and it even placed me in the Dean's List. [Hurrah!!] I am now officially on vacation.

Since March I have been dying for a chance to go some place else and so I immediately grabbed the ticket out and now moved geographically nearer the equator but this place is far more cooler [in terms of temperature] than being in the city where I actually live in. Maybe its all the pollution and the lack of greens, by that I mean trees...I have been relaxing, sleeping [for most of the time] taking in the greenery and having fun. Something somniferous about this place that makes me fall asleep so easily. No sunny beaches for me yet but that will come sometime in the near future. Its a real change of perspective here. Its a cultural, rural setting, like what you would see in the simple life but its actually refreshing. Its actually mellow and lots of sunny happy people all around. Its all good. Back in the city, time flies sooo fast that my head spins and I don't know what day it is. It seemed like there are just not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything you want and you have to do. Utimately, I end up staying up in the wee hours just to get things done. But here, its like the time frame stretches. I actually have time to do everything I have to and still have time to relax and still solid 8 hour sleep. I don't know how that is...cause when you think about it, its still 24 hours in a day. I take time to gaze at the sparkling stars that I love so much. It just fascinates me to no end. The moon here is unbelievably big, bright and really yellow. You should really see it. Its just so beautiful. If you are into the nature/night sky kind of thing. When its just me, the vast space of the noght sky and my thoughts, it makes me wonder what is out there. I live for moments like these. Its a retreat from the hurly burly of the city life and I'm loving every day of it. I think, its this kind of thing that keeps me sane and grounded. And for this I am grateful.
Beneath the trees, civilization has somehow caught up and there are internet cafe's like this one where I can access the internet. So I can update you my whereabouts and things that has crossed my mind during this vacation. This should be quite fun. Its not everyday that I get to do this so I better get as much of it as I could possibly can.

I have to go.
Catch you later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home