Sunday, April 03, 2005

life is short so you better get yours...NOW! while you still can

foreword: isn't it amazing how many topics i can come up to post here when my finals are coming up? i just can't help but procrastinate can i? lets just say i work best under pressure and i dont work unless im pressured...lol!
Hairs on my neck stood on end when [thanks to CNN] I learned this morning that the Pope just died last night at his bedroom in the Vatican around 9:37p.m. I just find it so weird that he died not even a day after I wrote about him in this blog. I was just writing about how short life is only to verify that I really had no inkling how short it is. It was just a few hours off. No doubt, I will be contemplating on my life again as I go to bed tonight.
Basically, I am a Roman Catholic and was raised as one. Although I tend to question some of the practices we have and is leaning more towards the concept of Buddhism these days, I strongly believe in Jesus Christ and his resurrection. That is just that. I must admit that the Pope's death did not come as a shocking news to me anymore but despite that, I didnt expect it to come this soon. I had mixed emotions, part of me was elated for him as he was returning home to God and because he was no longer captive of this painful mortal life but a part of me was a bit sad since he had been a phenomenal Pope and the Catholic community will be orphaned ephemerally.
I remember being when the Pope visited the country a decade ago. I wasnt among the many who were amidst his presence at that time since they were practically countless. I was among the many who watched him at the comfort of my home television set. I was just 10 years old back then and wasnt really concerned about anything but just playing with my friends but when I watched him, I was honestly moved by his mere presence. Even through the TV screen, it felt like I was witnessing a miracle. I couldnt imagine how the people around him felt like. I havent met anyone like him. Its like by just looking at him riding his papal mobile, he emanated holiness and purity. Right then and there, I felt moved, sorry for my sins and wanted to be a better person, like being in the presence of an angel. It may seem cornball now, but it felt so real back then. I could tell I wasnt the only one that was moved because there were absolutely no crimes in the country for the duration that he was here. Now, isnt that something? It was a real unforgettable and unbelievable experience. I dont know if I will ever feel that way again about anyone.
It honestly feels surreal that he is gone back to God, as we all eventually will. His remains were viewed on CNN. Normally, funerals and most especially coffins scare the hell out of me but since he didnt have one, I wasnt that scared. I wasnt scared at all period. And besides, it seems like he didnt change much. It just seemed like he was just sleeping. So here's a tribute to him. Thanks Karol Wojtyla, for everything that you have done for all of us, no matter what religion we are. I can only aspire to be half as great as you were..I will personally never forget you...
So much for sentimentalities, now I really have to go and study. No more procrastinating for me.
Till next time. Im serious this time.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger BellaDonna21 said...

What a touching post. I love sentimentality!;)
I am not Roman Catholic, nor do I really believe the Pope was in the hierarchy of the church, BUT I am still very saddened by his death and am rejoicing that he's in heaven with God. He was a fabulous man and did alot for the Kingdom.

Question: why are you leaning towards Buddhism? Just curious.....

And, I HAVE to take issue with the "[thanks to CNN]" thing. FOX NEWS baby! They're SO much better! :)
Love!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Sangeeta Rana said...

Hey Michelle - thanks for your comment on my blog - postcards from jakarta! Read through your blog as well...it makes a good read...you have an interesting style.

All the best for your final exams... and keep penning your thoughts and sharing them ;)

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger michelle said...

i appreciate the compliments and i apologize for taking soooo long to reply to your comment. Anyways, i am leaning towards buddhism for the simple reason that i admire their way of thinking and going about things, their philosophy matches with my own and the training of the mind is something i aspire to accomplish. BUT i do not intend to change religions. I still believe in Christ and all that He stand for. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home