Tuesday, May 24, 2005

american idol

Reality TV shows make good TV. Its a human interest piece. I mean, it displays the emotions, the drama and the tragedies of human life. Within limit of course. Some take advantage of other people's misery, its just plain sad. Anyway, reality makes good TV because in a way you can relate to them in one situation or another and the thing is, its as real for them as it was for you. No acting, no sugar coating. Life, just as it is.

As most people know, its the finale in American Idol. I watch this show though not as much as I used to the last season but generally, I like it. I always think that its good to watch people strive to make good of themselves than to watch them self destruct on national television. I like Simon Cowell. I respect him for telling it as it is, though sometimes its awfully harsh. Its brutal but honest. Truth hurts, people dont always like to hear the truth but he tells it anyway.

Tonight, I must admit, Im rooting for Bo Bice. I didn't really like him that much from the get go. In fact, I liked Mario Vasquez until he quit, then Constantine Maroulis [with that smouldering stare] I think most people did too and it came as a real shock when he got eliminated when he did. I saw it coming though just not that early in the contest. On the other hand, Bo Bice proved to be a expert at what he does and he's does it in his own style. I admire people who just go as themselves and not attempt to fit in this cookie cutter mold that society implies that they should be in. Its a courageous thing. I liked him when he did his version of the overly used, worn out love song I 'LL BE. I fell inlove with his voice, it was just so genuine and heartfelt. Not to mention kinda rough and sexy. I'm fascinated by his i-seem-not-to-care, laid back attitude but each and everytime he sings, he gives his best and really delivers it. I think that he would a different kind of twist to the previous American Idol winners roster, being a rocker and all. Carrie Underwood is a great singer too and I like her too, really talented and her simple girl personality captures me. This season has been filled with so many talented performers but only Bo Bice really stood out to me because of his individuality. Carrie is too common [no offense to Carrie fans] The American idol could need some tostesterone in their winner's circle since Ruben is all alone. We need a little variety so I'm voting for Bo although I'm sure its gonna be a tight competition between the two of them. Here's wishing them luck. I've been thinking about it every now and then during my spare time. I even think I'm more anxious than them. hahaha. This is just today and the real anxiety is the result's show!! hahaha..here we go

2 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i appreciate the nice comments. thanks for the support.
i do dig your blog.


much love

bo

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Mark said...

You said "cookie cutter mold that society implies that they should be in"

I like that terminology, keep up the social profile...

Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home