Sunday, May 08, 2005

flying airplanes

I spent almost most of the day in the airport yesterday. Anticipating the heavy traffic and the tons of people making their way back home and not to mention the pre-boarding activities, we went there early to get a head start and make sure that the plane leaves with us on it. We were there at around 2pm for a 6:20pm flight. Seems okei right? [if not a bit eager...] Well, not if you discover your flight is delayed and is moved to around 8:45pm. So, me and my sister, Camille got to stroll around the place, shop for souveneirs more than we should, read all their magazines and take time to feel like the airport is our home. Pretty much like the movie, Terminal except that we're just there for a few hours. It was quite interesting watching people. Everybody seems to be going somewhere...[with the exception of those who actually work there] Some place they have to be. Its a takeoff point from here to anywhere you want to go...kinda makes you feel that anything is possible.
Speaking about the possibility of things, I know it happens around 15,000 times a day in most parts of the world. I ride planes all my life, at least twice a year since the year I was born but the concept of airplanes flying is just a touch concept for me to grasp. Its just not possible. Think of it! Its made out of tons of metal, carries tons of cargo/luggages, with people on it. Thats a lot of extra weight. How can something that heavy defy the rules of gravity and actually fly? Its just something that fascinates me to no end, like some kind of miracle...Like an elephant flying...like Dumbo..hahaha..mind boggling but amazing isnt it?

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Ashish Sheth said...

Yes, it's amazing... but that's why mankind got the brains.. right?

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Diary of a Sinner said...

Hey thanks for your comment and there is nothing wrong with cute butts, exspecially if ya give them a good squesse! My cat is back home with my parents, and I'm off on vaction. Fun stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home